Nearly There

Thursday, March 15, 2007

VEGAS!

We leave for the majestic journey to the south tomorrow. Our first big stop will be the hometown to pick up some necessary grocery goods. There are talks of getting all of our food (or the majority of it) for the week right away so as to save money. (Plus, I don't want to violate the fact that I've not eaten at a fast food restaurant in over a month.) I got my bag out and ready to pack today, but it never happened. I'm waking up early tomorrow to get everything I need done done before we leave. (I always find it odd how putting the same word one after the other works in certain instances.) Today was pretty slow. I finished up some post-break homework, went and got some food from the grocery store for dinner, watched two movies and about 10 episodes of a few television shows. I also called in to request a 'dialog', which I am required to do for a position with Admission Possible. I'm leaning heavily on the job as of now, but plan on looking for other things once I get back. I will have a few months to lounge before it starts after all.

I felt very disconnected today. I found myself picking up the phone, unfolding it, thinking of making a call, closing the phone, opening the phone to look at my calendar, closing it again, and then putting it down. I sometimes wonder if, in the future when I'm all pudgy with a mustache, I'll look back at life and have some regrets. Then I fall out of the disillusioned moment and go back to watching more television. Something tells me I might find that funny some day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Since you're back now, I wouldn't mind a post about your trip. Maybe you can just tell me Saturday. I'm all ears!

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home