Nearly There

Thursday, May 31, 2007

I'll be brief.

Well, it's the official week two at my workplace. It's treated me fairly decent for the last week and a half, but I'm beginning to doubt my skills at the position. My first day, I exceeded expectations, but ever since, I've been doing pretty poorly. I have to meet a weekly quota of $115 average/week to remain in training, and I'm not so sure that's going to happen. I've been trying to remain positive, but 5 days of poor performance wears on a guy. I'm not so sure what to do. I tried talking to the family about it to get the back-bone support I thought I'd been needing, but everyone's quite busy right now. In any case, I'm getting wrapped up in my head, and it's poisoning my outlook on the next few days. I'm not expecting poor performance, but I'm not expecting a miracle either. Hopefully things play out well, and I can get some donations rolling in to meet my quota. It's nice being an activist, but the pressure of a weekly quota can be a bit cumbersome.

I started looking at other job possibilities. There are a few positions I've considered applying for that would have more structure, yet would still fulfill my requirement to feel like I'm making a positive impact on the world. Anyhoo, we'll see where I'm at at the end of this week. I was thinking of going home for the weekend, but saving money on driving, and having a reliable car for another week seem to overrule any reasons to go back.

However, when I do go back, I might have a motorcycle waiting for me to take care of, which is nice. I know of a place where they do motorcycle lessons up here, so if I get the thing rolling and in a reliable condition, I could be rolling about the streets of the cities on a bike. So, that's exciting. This weekend should also be a nice de-buffer from this week of occupational distress. All in all, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, I've just been focusing on the darkness surrounding me.

And finally, bear tits. (I know, it's ridiculous, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone say "bear tits" before. Although inappropriate, I think it's okay to claim "bear tits" as a first for me.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home